Monday, June 9, 2014

Colorful Diaper Bag

I have been missing for a little while. I just haven't done anything much to write about. With Mr. Sir gone, I have been keeping really busy. Visiting family, cleaning, reading, working, etc. etc.

But last night I needed to do something with my hands and for a while now I have been going crazy with my diaper bag.

 Yes , it is a big blue backpack. I wanted something that Mr. Sir wouldn't feel weird carrying around, it was big enough for cloth diapers. It worked and it was free. Win, win win. But now that I am doing all of the diaper bag carrying. I want something a little more.... well.... less blue backpacky. Also, 90 percent of the time, it has been a dumping ground for anything needed carrying.



So, to solve my problem of lack of pockets and blue backpackyness, I made a new bag. JoAnne's had this fabric on sale and in their remnant bin. I don't know if you realize this but anything in the remnant bin is 50% off the sale price of the fabric. So I always go scrounging through the bin, I like scraps. There is a lot you can do with 1/2 or 3/4 of a yard of fabric which is what a lot of the pieces are.



I came across this tutorial on Pinterest for a DIY messenger bag, I liked it but it didn't have enough pockets for me so as I went along, I added extra pockets.





















I really like how it turned out. There are a few things that I would definitely change about it if I made it again. But honestly I whipped it out in about 4 hours and 2 of those hours were also spent distracting James. So for the time and money involved it is well worth it. It's also a bit classier than a big blue backpack.



Live and Love

1 comment: