Monday, August 4, 2014

Capes, bruises, and soul-sucking horns.

About 4 times a year my sister and her other half host a LARP (Live Action Role Play) in the woods on their property, appropriately named "The Myth Wood". Essentially there are characters, quests, storylines, and lots of lots of foam weapons to beat each other with. This was just a short explanation.

I was asked to make some capes for the LARP. They wanted something short and loose so that it was possible to fight in them and they most definitely had to be green. The dark green fabric was originally a table cloth and the light green fabric was, once upon a time, window blinds. I was able to get three capes out of the fabric. I made the capes reversible so they are multipurpose.


 


My character is a Succubus. Meaning that I can suck the soul of a living person making them my thrall (ie. throw a ball at them) and then I cannot die until my thrall dies. So I can run into the fray and cause as much chaos as possible. It is awesome. My sister is a Succubus too and she decided that the colors for the succubi should be red and black. So I showed up wearing this.



I made the corset a few years ago and haven't had a chance to wear it yet. So I was really excited to wear it for something. Honestly, I feel a little bit silly wearing it in public. I also made a set of horns to go with the costume. The horns are made out of a headband, red felt, and cardboard from a cereal box. Oh, and sequins to make it glittery. Perfect for a soul-sucking Succubus.

I am sore, covered in bruises, and full of fight stories.

Yes, it was worth it.



Live and Love








No comments:

Post a Comment