Sunday, June 26, 2011

6-11-11 11:00 A.M. The day I became a Holmgren.

So a couple of weeks ago I got married. Yup, me... married! So I am a crafty girl and I had never really thought about my wedding much. I wasn't really the girl that played wedding when I was little, or looked at wedding magazines in high school. All I knew was that I wanted it to be something special. And it sure was, I got to marry the most amazing man I have ever met. Anyways, enough gushing about my husband. You are all here to see my Wedding-Inspiring-Do-It-Yourself bridal details.
So here goes post number 1!!!


 These are my centerpieces for the reception. I had 8 different types of fabric for the fabric centerpieces and rolled/serged the edges with my serger that my husband bought me for christmas. The flowers are from my Mothers flower garden (gorgeous, right?!) and the 'bouquets' were put together the day before the wedding by my bridesmaids and mother. The flowers were all in canning jars with a white ribbon tied around them. Also in this picture were my 'wildflower' favors. Each one had a little poem on the back.




And now for what the bride wore! Instead of a veil my mother helped me make a fascinator out of ivory tulle. There is a gold and silver filligree butterfly in the middle of the fascinator (it was part of my 'something borrowed').
We also had a photobooth!! My Maid of Honor of which whom is my lovely older sister gave herself a few hand cramps creating these adorable mustaches and glasses. Pictured on the left is me and my new little sister :) Pictured on the right is me and my husband being the goofs that we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment