Wednesday, July 20, 2011

All I have to say is.... Iced Coffee

Ok, so during this heatwave I cannot understand how my husband can drink HOT coffee. I mean, sure it is 5:00 in the morning when he gets up for work. But even at 5:00 in the morning it is still 78 degrees. That is his deal though, and as long as he keeps making his coffee and leaving me an inch or two of it I am going to make my daily Iced Coffee.

I am going to ignore the calorie content because it is so amazingly delicious. Here is my recipe.

**** Put an inch and a half worth of leftover coffee (or instant coffee if that floats your boat) in a tall clear glass. I use a clear glass so I can watch all the pretty swirls as I add ingredients. Then I add a teaspoon and a half of sweetened condensed milk to the coffee. You can use sugar and vanilla instead if you don't feel like opening a can of sweetened condensed milk just for your coffee. Mix the s.c.milk into the coffee until well mixed. I usually do this before the ice otherwise the s.c.milk just settles to the bottom and is hard to stir through the ice. Then fill the glass full with ice, (if you are feeling shmancy, you can make coffee ice cubes to keep the flavor) and finish filling with regular milk. Stir as much as you can and then drink with pleasure. *****


Drink your fluids and keep cool in this heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment