Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Dad's Christmas-Father's Day-Birthday Present

Alrighty then, So before Christmas time I decided to make my dad a dress shirt. 
Not quite knowing how much work it would be and starting about oh I don't know 2 or 3 weeks before Christmas. 
Doing finals and finishing up everybody else's christmas presents. 
I kind of got sidetracked and ended up giving him the pattern, fabric, and a spool of thread telling him what I was making and assuring him that it would be done sometime soon. 
Ok, so seven months later isn't exactly 'soon' but hey I was busy and I wanted to be sure that it was perfect. 
And trust me, every bitty seam on that thing I wouldn't have any other way. 
It was made especially for my Daddy. 
And I made it red to match all of his crazy awesome ties to wear to the Quilt Conventions. 
So everybody! This is my Daddy.  
Love you Dad!
This is in my mom's booth at the quilt show that they are currently attending. You should check out her work! This link will bring you to her website. I promise, this stuff is awesome. Quilted in Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment