Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lack of Rain, Grass, and a New Dress

Over here in the Midwest, we haven't received much rain lately. My garden is doing okay thanks to my city water and soaker hose (at least until I see the water bill).
 You may be wondering how I gauge how dry it is? I look at my grass. Yup our grass is brown brown brown, with a hint of green here and there. Especially where the hose leaks. I am one of those people who think that watering grass is just sick. You don't eat grass, well some people might. Green grass is a vanity thing to me. Especially now that I live in town and see my neighbor who installed sprinklers to, yep, water his grass. I know that the water just goes right back down into the earth but wasting clean fresh water on grass? I don't know, it is just one of my pet peeves.

Anyways here is short-ish poem, asking for rain.

Look around, what do you see?
I see the whole wide world staring at me,
candles a-flicker,
flames a-light,
I wish for rain to fall tonight.
I yearn for the dreary,
as it casts the grey ,
It is for rain that I do pray.
To hear the thunder,
as the lightning strikes,
Oh, it has been very dry these past many nights.
 The garden moans,
the fields all cry,
I sit and listen to the wind sigh.
 The candle on the table flickers with life,
my Bible sits open, listening to my strife. 
It is not as dry as it has been in the past,
yet this prayer is for rain, and it won't be my last.


Oh, Oh!! Before you go! Check out this ADORABLE dress I found at the thrift store. It was only 6 dollars. It also fits me like a glove. It goes well with my sequin shoes (of course those match everything)  and my grey vest I sewed. I thought the vest and sequin shoes dressed it down a bit.
Live and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment