Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Kitchen Island Happiness

Our main floor is very open and wide and for a while now Mr. Sir and I have been itching for another countertop. This past weekend we finally gave in while strolling through Ikea (where all great splurges happen!) We found this kitchen island for 400 dollars. Just what we were looking for. Something to sit and eat at, while still giving me some more kitchen storage space. So far, I am completely in love with it. It gets the eggs off of the top of the microwave and the spice box off the top of the refrigerator, making the kitchen look more streamlined. I don't have a picture of the kitchen itself, I had just finished baking and it was a disaster.

I also took all of my clear jars full of grains and beans out of the cupboard and put them on the island so that I can see what I have better. (I then put the mixer in the cupboard to get it off of the counter, so nice to have that counter space! Too bad the mixer didn't fit on our island.)

We also figured out that it is one of our biggest splurges since we have bought our house, and a much needed splurge. Frugality is nice, but so is a happy kitchen!


Live and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment