Thursday, February 27, 2014

Listening and 15 things that I love.

You know what? One thing that I am really bad at is listening to myself. I am so busy listening to other people, trying to impress them or make them happy. I have always been that way. I am a mediator; need a compromise? Come to me. I see both sides of the story and am always trying to make everybody happy. It is just who I am. I have accepted that.

The problem with trying to make everybody happy is that I don't always realize until later that my decision didn't exactly make ME happy. I am in charge of me. I am in charge of my happiness. I am a pretty darn happy person and it takes a lot to wear me down but when it does, I crash. I eat chocolate and ice cream in the bubbly bathtub watching marathons of sappy television shows for multiple nights in a row until I break out of the funk and become my usual peppy person.

So I haven't done a happiness list in a while. This is to remind me why I love life.

15 Things That Make Me Happy

1. My husbands hug.
2. Bubble Bath's with chocolate, hot tea, and a sappy drama filled television show (or a good book).
3. Big fluffy snowflakes; I am talking BIG, like quarter sized snowflakes. So beautiful.
4. Dressing up 'Just Because'. It always brightens my day when I look good.
5. My son's baby giggle.
6. The quiet peaceful time during devotions when I remember that God is always in charge.
7. Jamming out and dancing to the perfect song for my mood. (Whether it is Taylor Swift, Blake Shelton, or Katy Perry)
8. A clean apartment. Cheers me up and just makes me happy.
9. Finishing a project and seeing the final result.
10. Visiting with family whether on the phone, via facebook, or in person.
11. The little bit of time before bed when I sit and relax in bed with a cup of tea and messing around on my Kindle.
12. Fresh bread with butter.
13. Board games.
14. Nice warm leggings under my winter clothes. Makes things "Oh, so cozy."
15. My memory foam mattress. It's rare that I have had a sore nights sleep (not counting pregnancy, and post pregnancy sleep).

One thing my little man loves is pancakes. Another, is his Daddy.


Go on out and Live and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment