Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas For the Family

Last weekend we had Christmas with my side of the family and this year I decided to make a few of my Christmas gifts. First off, I made this wall hanging for my sister and her family.




Then about two years ago, that same sister gave me the recieving blankets from her little twin boy's to make quilts out of. So I came up with these quilts. Took a while but they are big enough for the boys to use for quite a few years.We have puppies on the green one and monkeys on the other one. I did a 'quilt as you go' pattern where I stacked and slashed the blocks, quilted the individual blocks and then put sashing in the middle to put the quilt together. I probably won't do it again for a while but it was fun.
Live and Love




No comments:

Post a Comment