Monday, November 18, 2013

Adding Fluff to the Fluff-Butt

James is cloth diapered. He has been for approximately 7 months now. Do you want to know what that means? That means his prefolds have been washed every other day for 7 months. Which also means that his prefolds are thinning out and falling apart. No longer can we just stick a prefold on him. We need to stuff them too or they end up sopping, soakey, wet. I have been toying with the idea of sewing him fun cloth diapers for ages now. So I started by taking the most beat up prefolds and turning them into some fitteds. I am still playing around with fit and soak. But this is what I am working with.











I figure that I can practice with his beat up prefolds. Once I get the fit and soak right I will make some from scratch.

I used WitteyBums pattern and idea for the prefitteds from here.
http://prefold2fitted.blogspot.com/2011/08/basic-serged-prefitteds.html

I need to toy with snaps too. At the moment I am using a snappi to keep it shut when not in a cover, while in a cover I don't bother clasping it. I also need to toy with the elastic and stretch it more. These whole things are a big game of trial and error.

Live and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment