Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Strawberry Jam Delight!

I am in Rochester MN for a Quilt Show at the moment but these strawberries look too yummy not to post.

Last week I went strawberry picking. It was a first time for this girl. Tons of fun too. I didn't even get 1/4 way down the row of strawberries and I had already picked 20 pounds. I am also pretty sure that I ate 3 pounds while picking and had a tummy-ache for the rest of the day. (I went picking at 9 am before it got hot so I had a looong tummy ache).

Mr. Sir and I decided to make strawberry jam out of some of them.



 


and I froze the rest to combine with other fruits later for jam. Oh and smoothies!





 I took the healthiest looking stems and dehydrated them in the oven at 170 for about 7 hours. They were still damp though and so I upped it to 200 and 2 hours later they were fine. Next time I am going to just start at 200 and shorten the baking time. Oh I should mention that the stems are dehydrated for a strawberry tea infusion. We go through a lot of tea and have decided to start making our own infusions when possible. *Live and Love*
The little bit that we scraped out of the pan when done.


Jam!




No comments:

Post a Comment